Hanover County Economic Development recognizes significant economic development growth in a community is generated by existing businesses. To help nurture this growth HCED operates Business First Hanover in coordination with Business First Greater Richmond.
Business First Hanover works closely with local businesses to:
- Learn company goals and objectives, products and services, and customers and suppliers.
- Identify common issues, address concerns, and help remove obstacles encountered in daily operations through a connection of multiple resources.
- Build a better business community by acting on the information received from local business leaders.
Retaining businesses and fostering existing business growth is an important priority in Hanover County, and HCED assists existing businesses with finding expansion locations in Hanover.
HCED’s Existing Business Manager:
- Works with local businesses to provide assistance with numerous issues including permit requirements, workforce development, training, and networking.
- Manages the Business First Hanover program and associated volunteers.
- Reports activities to the Hanover County Board of Supervisors to demonstrate how critical local businesses are to Hanover County’s economy.
- Provides current and up-to-date information through multiple outlets to County businesses on relevant issues affecting their daily operations.
- Coordinates timely and meaningful seminar programs by partnering with local business resources and institutions.