Here in Hanover, VA App – Your Guide to Things to Do
It may seem hard to find things to do with social distancing limitations and changes to business operations due to COVID-19. Don’t despair! Here in Hanover, Virginia, we have historical sites, parks, restaurants, breweries, wineries, antique shops and more currently open and ready to safely welcome guests.
The Here in Hanover, VA App provides a listing of venues to enjoy by locals and visitors alike. The app includes all destinations in Hanover with pictures, description, website link and/or Facebook links, phone number, address, and map. Users can search the list of venues using keywords or view the listings by category. It is important to check with each venue to ensure hours of operations, temporary closures, modifications and requirements for visiting. Most of these venues address their response to the ongoing pandemic on their websites and social media channels.
Here is a sampling of many of the venues currently open to visitors:
Breweries, Wineries, Distilleries:
- Most all of the breweries, wineries and distilleries are open with many offering outside seating and musical entertainment.
Historical Sites and Grounds:
- Patrick Henry’s Scotchtown, celebrating 300 years in 2020, is currently open for interior tours and self-guided tours of the grounds. Tickets required for interior tours.
- North Anna Battlefield Park offers over 2 miles of scenic walking trails with interpretive signage along the trail. This park is also a designated Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail.
- Gaines Mill Battlefield consists of three interconnected loops with over 2.5 miles of trails and a creek crossing.
- Totopotomoy Creek Battlefield at Rural Plains provides a 1.25 mile walking trails open daily from dawn to dusk. The park is pet friendly too! Visit the website for a virtual tour of the property.
Parks and Recreation:
- Hanover County Parks and Recreation has numerous parks with walking and biking trails, playgrounds and picnic areas. Hanover introduced its newest park, Lake Hanover Nature Trail, in May of this year.
- Town of Ashland Parks and Recreation has nine parks offering playgrounds, walking, running, biking, skateboarding and swimming.
Farm Markets, Produce Stands and Garden Centers:
- The Market at Hanover Vegetable Farm is open seven days a week. The farm also continues to host special events while providing socially distanced spacing while still providing great food, drink, and music.
- Visit the Pond Shop at Ashland Berry Farm to get inspiration for creating a backyard paradise.
- Enjoy fresh produce found at Pole Green Produce, Berry’s Produce and Ashland Farmers Market.
- Red Vein Escape Room, a year round, multi-themed escape room with exciting and challenging games, immersive story-lines and artistically crafted sets.
- Other venues open to patrons included Hanover Lanes Bowling, Ashland Skateland and Hanover Golf Club.
Restaurants and Eateries:
- Most restaurants, bakeries and eateries are open with many providing outdoor seating, pickup delivery or curbside delivery.
Use the hashtag #HereinHanoverVA to post pictures of your visits to Hanover County destinations.
To have your Hanover venue or tourism-related business included on the app, please contact Angela Wright, Marketing Manager at Hanover County Economic Development at email@example.com or call (804) 365-6461.