Click here for a list of food & beverage establishments in Hanover County open for take-out and/or delivery.
This page provides news and information regarding COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus.
To help mitigate the impact of the virus on your business, the Hanover community, and Virginia’s economy, please use the following sources for information you can trust. Additional resources and information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
- Summary of federal government loan program including detail page prepared by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Federal Stimulus Programs Review – (PDF)
- Prepared by EDGe and Tax Solution Alliance. Includes explanations of EDIL Grant, EDIL Loan, and PPP (Paycheck Protection Program).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – Guidance for Business and Employers, Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance, Loan Program Information
- Disaster Declaration Details – Virginia – Declaration includes all counties and cities in Virginia.
- Disaster Loans – 3 Step Process – Printable PDF.
- Disaster Loan Assistance – Online Portal
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – Information, tips, and links to resources
- Business Continuity Webinar Series – Links to registration (A partnership with Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce)
- Archived webinar: Employer Exposures and Protecting Your Business
- Information compiled by Central Virginia All Hazards Incident Team (Note: Website maintained by regional partners at Henrico County) Latest information from the CDC, John Hopkins & other leading authorities. Includes global and regional updates and information, and resources for households.
- Interim Guidance for Business and Employers – Guidance that may help prevent workplace exposures to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings. The guidance also provides planning considerations if there are more widespread, community outbreaks of COVID-19.
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – This guidance provides recommendations on the cleaning and disinfection of rooms or areas of those with suspected or with confirmed COVID-19 have visited.
- COVID-19 Corona Virus Resource Page – Links to resources and information. Volunteer opportunities, food pantries, blood donations and resources for seniors.
- COVID-19 Changes to County Operations – Hanover County Government’s plan of reduced operations.
Governor of Virginia – Newsroom (Check here often for new announcements.)
- Governor Northam Announces New Measures to Combat COVID-19 and Support Impacted Virginians – State of Virginia Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia – Fact sheets; business, employer
- COVID-19 Related Resources – Information about employment opportunities, resources, and other relevant information for workers and businesses.
- Capital Region Rapid Response COVID-19 Business Support Initiative-Employer Application and Agreement – Grant funding to assist small businesses with costs related to COVID-19. Examples of uses include paying for cleaning services so companies can stay open, paying for cleaning supplies, or purchasing items that can assist employees in teleworking. Grants do not cover equipment with a per unit value of over $5,000 nor wage reimbursements for employees. These fund are available on a reimbursement basis only, meaning the business must first incur the cost and present proof of payment to be reimbursed. The period for allowable costs is March 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020.
- COVID-19 Emergency Information Center – Information about protecting farms, industry or agribusiness operations; Federal resources pertaining to food, fiber, feed and other.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – Hanover County – Office closed to the public. Use contact information provided.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – VT/VSU – VCE COVID-19 Resources – Guidelines for food service, grocery, farmers markets, u-pick farms, community gardens as well as other resources
- Workers Whose Job Has Been Affected by the Coronavirus – Includes a link to file a new claim, and a Q&A link on claims related to Coronavirus.
- COVID-19 Resources for Small Businesses – Financial assistance, information about federal and state taxes, unemployment.
- SBA EIDL Loans Webinar – Information and step-by-step instructions for completing the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application.
- Interim Guidance: Considerations for Businesses and Employers, Coronavirus (COVID-19) Dated 3-8-20)
- Considerations for cancelling or modifying an event in response to COVID-19 in Virginia (Dated: 3-11-20)
- VDH Interim Guidance: Information for Food Establishments Regarding COVID-19 (Dated 3-6-20)
- Guidance About COVID-19; Helpful Tips and Information for Food Establishments – Poster – General information, food safety practices, community safety, employee safety.
The Community Foundation for Greater Richmond – For Non-profit Organizations.
- Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund – Information for non-profit eligibility for assistance through the fund; Link to donate to the fund.
- Link to sign up for application information when it becomes available. Funds will be available to businesses that have completed all application components, on a first come – first served basis. Eligible businesses in MD, NJ, NC, OH (Brown, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties), PA, SC, VA, WV and Washington, D.C. must be in operation as of August 1, 2019 and have no more than 10 full-time employees and no more and $1 million in annual revenue.
- Grants available to help small businesses fill urgent financial gaps until they can resume normal operations or until other more permanent financing becomes available.
- Provides a centralized and turnkey supply chain network for state and local governments, as well as certain businesses, to effectively receive, aggregate, package and distribute critical resources that allow the Commonwealth to accelerate and enhance its local public readiness and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Web & Social Media Resources and Assistance:
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where Facebook operates. More details to follow as they become available
- Resources to help your small business manage through uncertainty – Tips and recommendations to help you navigate this for your employees and customers.
- Google Ad Credits – Ad credits available to small and medium-sized businesses.
Utilities, Phone & Internet Services:
- Affordable Internet at Home For Eligible Households – Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home.
- Comprehensive COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected to the Internet – New policies and other important initiatives
- Suspension of Service Disconnections – Dominion Energy will not shut off power for nonpayment. If your service was previously shut off for nonpayment, contact Dominion to get restored. Phone: (866)-366-4357
- Suspension of service disconnections – REC will not disconnect service for nonpayment, and related fees will be waived for member-owners.
- Localities to suspend water, sewer service disconnections due to coronavirus – Residents and other customers are encouraged to contact Public Utilities if your service needs to be restored. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (804) 365-6024
- Energy Assistance Resources – REC will not disconnect service for nonpayment, and related fees will be waived for member-owners.
- Verizon – Response to COVID-19 – Consumer and Business links to various information including financial hardship policies due to COVID-19.