This page provides news and information regarding COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus.
To help mitigate the impact of the virus on your business, the Hanover community, and Virginia’s economy, please use the following sources for information you can trust. Additional resources and information will be added to this page as it becomes available.
- The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds. Expanded business sectors now eligible to apply, include small hotels and bed and breakfast lodging facilities along with the film industry companies supporting production in the Commonwealth. Businesses and non-profits that are approved for a Rebuild VA grant may receive up to 3 times their average monthly eligible expenses up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Resources and information concerning considerations before deciding to reopen, developing your reopening plan, planning for the future and guidance for specific industries. View the Governor of Virginia’s official news release for Phase Three Guidelines beginning July 1, 2020.
Reopening Guidelines for Hanover Restaurants and Retail Food/Beverage Businesses:
(*NOTE: The following applies to Hanover County businesses exclusive of those located in the Town of Ashland. Please visit www.ashlandva.gov for information about dining within the Town of Ashland.)
- Building Inspector’s Office – Outdoor Seating Requests (Does not apply to the Town of Ashland) – requirements, contact information and considerations
- Hanover County Fire Marshal’s Office – Guidelines for Hanover Restaurants
- Please also see the Leisure & Hospitality Industry – Resources and Information section on this page.
- Summary of federal government loan program including detail page prepared by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) created by the CARES Act, loans may be forgiven if borrowers use the proceeds to maintain their payrolls and pay other specified expenses. Use this link to access the guide, forgiveness forms, instructions, worksheets and step-by-step video explanation
Federal Stimulus Programs Review – (PDF)
- Prepared by EDGe and Tax Solution Alliance. Includes explanations of EIDL Grant, EIDL Loan, and PPP (Paycheck Protection Program).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – Guidance for Business and Employers, Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Assistance, Loan Program Information
- SBA Webinar Events – Links to register to daily webinars discussing application process for SBA Disaster Loans, SBA Economic Resources for COVID-19, and more.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Application – Online Portal
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Emergency Advance – The loan advance will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Loan Forgiveness – Loan information, eligibility, loan details and forgiveness, lender forms and guidance, other assistance. The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans – Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief – The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses with existing SBA loans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Small Business Resiliency Webinar, Guide, Plan Template and Emergency Procedures Template and additional resources from Grow with Google.
- Hello Allice is offering $10,000 grants to small business owners impacted by COVID-19. Additional information and resources are also available on this website. The deadline for applications is September 25, 2020.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – Information, tips, and links to resources.
- RVA Small Business Relief Fund – ChamberRVA and Facebook have announced the creation of an RVA Small Business Relief Fund, a new program intended to provide immediate grants to qualifying small businesses in the region impacted by COVID-19. For-profit businesses who meet the criteria are eligible to apply for Round One grants starting May 13, 2020 at 9:00 am and closing May 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm. UPDATE: Round One recipients have been named.
- Forward RVA – Information about PPE initiatives, reopening checklist, and industry specific resources and community connections
- Information compiled by Central Virginia All Hazards Incident Team (Note: Website maintained by regional partners at Henrico County) Latest information from the CDC, John Hopkins & other leading authorities. Includes global and regional updates and information, and resources for households.
- Interim Guidance for Business and Employers – Guidance that may help prevent workplace exposures to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings. The guidance also provides planning considerations if there are more widespread, community outbreaks of COVID-19.
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – This guidance provides recommendations on the cleaning and disinfection of rooms or areas of those with suspected or with confirmed COVID-19 have visited.
- COVID-19 Corona Virus Resource Page – Links to resources and information. Volunteer opportunities, food pantries, blood donations and resources for seniors.
- COVID-19 Changes to County Operations – Hanover County Government’s plan of reduced operations.
Governor of Virginia – Newsroom (Check here often for new announcements.)
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Save Small Business Fund – Small businesses employing between 3 and 20 people that are located in an economically vulnerable community and have been harmed financially by the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for a $5,000 grant. Applications accepted starting April 20, 2020. (Update: First round completed, not currently accepting applications.)
- We CARE RVA Project Grants – Grant applications are being accepted September 21, 2020 – October 5, 2020. Visit website for eligibility and grant application.
- (*Note: As of June 18, 2020 – Applications are no longer being accepted. Resource will be updated if additional funding become available.) Grants in the amount of $10,000 available. Applications open to Virginia businesses starting 8:00 a.m. on April 24, 2020. Eligible businesses must be a for-profit company, have between 2 to 50 employees, have been in business for 2 full years as of March 2020, have experienced challenges from COVID-19, and meet all other listed requirements.
- COVID-19 Related Resources – Information about employment opportunities, resources, and other relevant information for workers and businesses.
- Capital Region Rapid Response COVID-19 Business Support Initiative-Employer Application and Agreement – Grant funding to assist small businesses with costs related to COVID-19. Examples of uses include paying for cleaning services so companies can stay open, paying for cleaning supplies, or purchasing items that can assist employees in teleworking. Grants do not cover equipment with a per unit value of over $5,000 nor wage reimbursements for employees. These fund are available on a reimbursement basis only, meaning the business must first incur the cost and present proof of payment to be reimbursed. The period for allowable costs is March 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020.
- COVID-19 Resources for Communities – Webinar Series – Virginia Community Capital is partnered with the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and Virginia Small Business Development Center Network (SBDC Network) to host multiple weekly update webinars and office hours, announce new programs and resources, and to assist Virginia’s business community. Links to videos are provided.
- Workers Whose Job Has Been Affected by the Coronavirus – Includes a link to file a new claim, and a Q&A link on claims related to Coronavirus.
- COVID-19 Resources for Small Businesses – Financial assistance, information about federal and state taxes, and unemployment. Information about Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- SBA EIDL Loans Webinar – Information and step-by-step instructions for completing the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application.
- Considerations for Community, Work, School – Includes risk assessments, phase guidance, setting specific resources, critical infrastructure guidelines, CDC and VDH policies, General Resources including patron and employee COVID-19 screenings, face covering guidance, cleaning and disinfecting, and other information.
- COVID-19 – Virginia Data & Resources – Cases in Virginia by locality; symptom checker, traveling, contact tracing, COVID-19 testing and other information.
- Small Business Relief Grants available to help small businesses fill urgent financial gaps until they can resume normal operations or until other more permanent financing becomes available.
- Provides a centralized and turnkey supply chain network for state and local governments, as well as certain businesses, to effectively receive, aggregate, package and distribute critical resources that allow the Commonwealth to accelerate and enhance its local public readiness and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Agriculture Industry Resources and Assistance:
- COVID-19 Emergency Information Center – Information about protecting farms, industry or agribusiness operations; Federal resources pertaining to food, fiber, feed and other.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – Hanover County – Office open on a limited basis only. Use contact information provided.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension – VT/VSU – VCE COVID-19 Resources – Guidelines for food service, grocery, farmers markets, u-pick farms, community gardens as well as other resources.
- Information about the Farmer Relief Fund including links to donate or apply to the fund. (Note: Applications are currently closed. Check back for possible additional fund rounds.)
- Grants available to farmers or ranchers whose operation has been directly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. This program provides direct relief to producers who faced price declines and additional market costs due to COVID-19. Approved applicants can receive as much as 80% of their maximum payment right away, with the balance to be paid out as funds are available.
Leisure & Hospitality Industry – Resources and Information
- COVID-19 Business Assistance Resources – General and industry specific information and resources.
- Virginia Is For Restaurant Lovers – COVID-19 Reopening Resources
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund – Eligible applicants can apply for a $500 one-time grant. (UPDATE: Grant is currently closed.)
- Virginia’s Restaurant Promise – Download & Print Posters (various sizes available) The Virginia Restaurant Promise is a set of commitments to employees and customers. It’s aim is to ensure everyone’s safety as we welcome service teams and customers back into restaurants.
Nonprofit Organizations – Resources and Information
The Community Foundation for Greater Richmond – For Non-profit Organizations.
- Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund – Information for non-profit eligibility for assistance through the fund; Link to donate to the fund.
- COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits – Links to webinars, how to access federal stimulus assistance, collaboration technology tools and more.
National Council of Nonprofits – COVID-19 Resources and Information
Retail Industry – Resources and Information
- Retail Merchants Association – Information about free membership through October 2020, resources and other industry related information.
- Virginia Retail Federation – Information and resources.
Web & Social Media Resources and Assistance:
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where Facebook operates. More details to follow as they become available
- Resources to help your small business manage through uncertainty – Tips and recommendations to help you navigate this for your employees and customers.
- Google Ad Credits – Ad credits available to small and medium-sized businesses.
Utilities, Phone & Internet Services:
- Affordable Internet at Home For Eligible Households – Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home.
- Comprehensive COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected to the Internet – New policies and other important initiatives
- Localities to suspend water, sewer service disconnections due to coronavirus – Residents and other customers are encouraged to contact Public Utilities if your service needs to be restored. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (804) 365-6024
- Energy Assistance Resources – VNG is suspending service disconnections until further notice. Financial assistance and payment programs are available.
- Verizon – Response to COVID-19 – Consumer and Business links to various information including financial hardship policies due to COVID-19.