Hanover County Economic Development recognizes that significant economic growth is generated by our existing business community. The Business First Hanover program nurtures this growth along with a variety of programs and services that are focused on existing business growth and success.
Workshops and Seminars
Through partnerships with other organizations, we offer workshops and seminars on a variety of business topics including the use of social media, developing marketing plans, funding sources, business plan development and hiring resources.
Access to Financing
Accessing capital is essential to growing a business. Through the Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA), we offer information on the following programs:
- Economic Development Loan Fund
- Loan Guaranty Program
- Small Business Microloan Program
- Virginia Capital Access Program
- Virginia State Small Business Credit Initiative – Cash Collateral Program
A primary key to business success is a qualified and capable workforce and investing in the same via relevant training. We partner with the Virginia Community College Workforce Development Service, Resource Virginia and the Workforce Investment Board, the Virginia Jobs Investment Program and a host of service providers to connect you with the right staffing and training solutions for your business. Services range from:
- Recruitment and screening services as well as job fairs.
- Funding opportunities to offset training costs for incumbent workers as well as new employees.
- Hanover Center for Trades & Technology business participation partnerships.
Permit Process Guidance
We offer guidance to companies throughout the permitting process to help your expansion project proceed smoothly, ensuring that all the required permits are in place when the business is ready to occupy the facility.
- Business counseling
- Networking with community programs and other businesses
- Site Selection Assistance.
Other Business Resources
Visit the Business Resources page.
For more information call: (804) 365-6464