Hanover County is excited to announce the Shop Local. Here in Hanover, VA!, a campaign to continue to encourage the support of local businesses.
The Shop Local. Here in Hanover, VA! campaign recognizes the importance of supporting small businesses, the jobs they help create, and the culture they foster in our community. The campaign incorporates the Here in Hanover, VA App with listings of various businesses as well as various marketing materials to display and for use on social media. The Department of Economic Development is working to provide a comprehensive list of all businesses in the County, and will announce when that link is available on the app.
“Overall, small businesses make up two-thirds of new jobs created nationally and almost 44% of GDP. Locally, our existing businesses continue to be the backbone of our economy here in Hanover County and we are always looking for new and creative ways to support their growth and success. I encourage citizens to purchase locally when possible. These revenues support important community priorities, including our Sheriff’s Office, Fire and EMS, Hanover schools, and our community-based services. As we roll out our shop local campaign – I, and your entire Hanover County Board of Supervisors, want to personally thank our small business community for their investment in Hanover,” said Chairman Sean Davis.
It is always a good idea to shop small to support your local economy, your friends, neighbors and family! Get creative with your locally sourced gifts by supporting a local not-for-profit, purchasing a gift certificate for a local restaurant or activity, or buy locally online. Now, more than ever, it is important to invest in your local restaurants, shops, and service providers. SHOP LOCAL! HERE IN HANOVER, VA!
To read more about the campaign, read the blog post.
Shop Local. Here in Hanover, VA! Facebook Contest
To help promote the campaign and use of the hashtag #HereInHanoverVA in social media posts, this contest will draw a winner every Friday for four consecutive weeks starting May 28, 2021.
To be eligible for the prize drawing, contestants must complete all of the following three steps:
- Post a photo of yourself at a local establishment in Hanover County.
- Tag the establishment on your post. (This can be accomplished by typing the @ symbol and then the name of the business, or check-in to the business using the location pointer symbol to add to your post.
- Use the hashtag #HereinHanoverVA and make sure that your privacy setting for the post is changed to “Public”. This step is important in order to enter your name into the drawing.
Participants who complete all three steps will be entered to win in that week’s drawing. Contestants are eligible to receive only one prize throughout the contest period.
Materials and Downloads
- Window clings are available for restaurant and retail establishments.
- Posters are available to all other business types.
- Downloadable posters are provided below.
- A Facebook frame is available below to anyone who would like to use it.
- The Shop Local video can be customized to include your business logo for a nominal fee. Contact Jessica Hartness at (804) 365-6459 or email@example.com.